About Me

My photo
Thankful we still have the First Amendment...

Saturday, May 27, 2006

Gonzales or Bin Laden: in 2006, Who's America's Biggest Threat?

Promoting torture, lying to Congress, initiating clandestine surveillance programs, setting up secret prisons, railroading potential revealing court cases, sifting through library records, lowering the bar for reasonable search and seizure, impinging on the powers of the legislature, and now pressuring ISPs to retain data in order to enable greater monitoring of American's online habits. I dunno, who's the greater threat to our liberty at this point? The jury is still out, but I don't see how Alito could be worse than this guy. Perhaps the fact he was passed over for the S.C. was a blessing in disguise. For me at least, mentally I was giving him a pass for a while because he's Latino. Fuck that. This guy's an asshole.

No comments: