About Me

My photo
Thankful we still have the First Amendment...

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Mea Culpa Guv'nor

So there's no better illustration of the power of some good old fashioned education to cure my ignorance than this week's NY Times Magazine article about Howard Dean. I recently implicated Governor Dean as being aligned with the forces of evil: Reid, Pelosi, Schumer, et al. This article is the answer to my oft wondered question, "What the fuck happened to Howard Dean?" My favorite part of the article explains:

[...] Dean sat down with the party’s Congressional leaders, Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi, who had tried, ineptly and with almost comical desperation, to find a candidate who could stop him from becoming chairman. Reid and Pelosi promised to work with Dean, but they asked him to resist speaking out on key policy positions and acting as if he were the party’s public face. In other words, Dean would be doing everyone in Washington a favor if he would just stay out of sight and raise money.

So essentially, Dean's been working his ass off to make the Democratic Party viable again, and all the asshole Washington Democratic insiders who've been running around with one finger in the air trying to see which way the wind is blowing and the other up their ass have been working nonstop to keep him on a tight leash.

Well, my apologies Governor. I underestimated your resolve, and I applaud your efforts to save the party. I was boycotting your organization because I thought you were in cahoots with those who railroaded the campaigns of our best candidates. Turns out I was wrong, and so I'm making an apology you'll never read for saying things you never knew I said. Hell, you've never even heard of me lol. Still, I wanted to make public the reason for my recent contribution (that link is there so others will chip in. Come on, $20 to kick a Republican out of office is a friggin' bargain, no?). I'm back on board the Dean machine. Now if we could just get you talking policy and leadership again...

No comments: